Luxe by Volvo
- Developed re-usable special FX widgets for blurring and iridescence.
- Reworked existing analytics stack into a type-safe, consistent framework delivering events to Google Firebase and Data Studio.
- Set up Xcode server and bots with UI, API, and unit tests, including a complete sign-up flow.
- Helped establish and document best practices for phone screens, interviews, source control flow, and more.
- Replaced the webview OAuth login flow with native view controllers, including a force logout mechanism.
- Replaced the outdated network stack with URLSession and JSON models with Codable.
- Added an Xcode UI tests to exercise continuous track playback.
- Cleaned up code, project file, and assets to be more maintanable.
- Lead new iOS hires and external contractors through FCS feature development and daily bug triages.
- Enforced a mobile architecture that empowered fellow developers and removed redundant code.
- Established base of iOS unit and integration tests, including Xcode Server bots.
- Built Looker and Kibana dashboards to track user behaviour, debug reported issues, and discover potential issues.
- Replaced bloated GIF animations with clean, re-usable CoreAnimation widgets.
- Championed iOS Accessibility compliance and implementation, culminating with a blind-folded demo to the entire company.
“Christoph had timely and relevant advice that took into account not only our technical challenges, but our business concerns as well. I'd recommend him to anyone looking effective and pragmatic iOS consulting.”
Joshua Ziering, Founder, Kittyhawk.io.
- Established app architecture and "manager" design pattern for modularity and re-use.
- Project managed an external contract engineering team tasked with developing a new UX.
- Provided guidance on QA and integration testing (via a headless client driven by Xcode Server).
- Added interactivity and animations to a mostly static visual design.
- Reduced line count and cyclomatic complexity of the main controller by 50%.
- Split the monolithic storyboard into multiple view controllers for a growing team.
- Helped interview senior iOS engineers to expand the team.
- Skunkworked the Apple Watch side project.
“Christoph's skillset extends far beyond his exceptional engineering prowess. His ability to communicate clearly and effectively across multiple organizations made him an invaluable asset at Luxe. He was able to distill complicated asks into simple pieces, and always found a way to make things possible when others would have said "no." Christoph led by example, and provided mentorship to a young Product and Engineering organization.”
Phil Jen, Product Manager, Luxe Inc.
- Xcode server configuration + bots for sanity, nightly and App Store builds.
- Junior engineer mentoring: making a good engineer a great iOS engineer.
- Process for tracking code changes that turn into TestFlight email notes
- Two-way messaging architecture via push notifications
- Translated a visual design with very subtle user interactions into easily traceable code (including test cases)
“Christoph was able to develop and create the vision of the artist and give directions and communicate the progress along the way to keep everyone on the same page and allow a quick build.”
Shannon R., Project Manager, SpinArt, LLC
“Christoph strikes the perfect balance between knowing how things should be built and making sure the product is as close to the way the stakeholders of the project envisioned.”
Salil, iOS Team Lead, Offline Labs, Inc.
“Christoph has a strong sense of design, both visually and architecturally. His experience with iOS is unmatched by any of the other developers I've worked with.”
Tyler, Founder, DrumPants, Inc.
Hermiteer, LLC is owned and operated by Christoph in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has over 20 years of experience in the software industry, working on network protocols, application architecture and animations. He works tirelessly with clients to achieve excellence in iOS application design, architecture and quality assurance.
"If you can imagine it, then I can make it.
If you can't imagine it, I can still make it."